Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a way of using your existing skills to get a formal qualification.
Having your knowledge and skills formally recognised can help your career development, help you make a career change and build your confidence in your chosen industry. From Training Services NSW,
“Recognition including recognition of prior learning (RPL), is a process for giving candidates credit for skills, knowledge and experience gained through working and learning. It can be gained at any stage of their lives, through formal and informal learning, in Australia or overseas, through work or other activities such as volunteering.”
We offer these courses with RPL:
- CPC20112 Certificate II in Construction
- CPC20211 Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- CPC30111 Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying
- CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry
- CPC30318 Certificate III in Concreting
- CPC31211 Certificate III in Wall & Ceiling Lining (RPL) Program
- CPC31411 Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- CPC32612 Certificate III in Roof Plumbing (RPL) Program
- CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
- CPC60212 Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (RPL) Program
Who is eligible for RPL?
To be eligible for RPL you don’t need to have already been a student or have completed formal training. You may be eligible because of your work skills and knowledge, your paid or unpaid work experience, life experience or community work experience.
How does the RPL assessment work?
You will need to be assessed by one of our qualified assessors who will observe and record (visually and verbally) details in relation to your understanding and knowledge for the modules within your qualification. All assessment activities will be clearly outlined with adequate time for preparation and may take place across potentially several site visits. You will also need to provide evidence that your knowledge and skills meet the required standards. Examples of this would be a formal qualification or statement of attainment, references from past employers and client testimonials.
It’s so easy!